Interview: Chef Blythe Beck, star, 'The Naughty Kitchen'
By BOB ANDELMAN
When I hear the words “naughty” and “kitchen” used in the same sentence, I’m reminded of a scene in the Bill Murray movie Stripes where he lifts P.J. Soles up on a kitchen counter and flirts with her using an oversize but common kitchen utensil.
Somehow, I’m guessing that’s not exactly what’s in store when “The Naughty Kitchen with Chef Blythe Beck” debuts on Oxygen tonight, Tuesday, September 22 @ 10 p.m.
Chef Beck runs a popular Dallas restaurant, Central 214, where the staff is frisky—think Hooters—but the food is much more ambitious—think Rocco DeSpirito. The Chef is at the center of the action; it’s more of a documentary series than a contest such as “Hell’s Kitchen” or “Top Chef.”
• • •
Related articles by Zemanta
- Yummy TV: The Best Thing I Ever Ate (tvsquad.com)
- TV Dinners: Eat Like Padma, Shout Like Gordon (laist.com)
- Summer On My TV: Here’s What’s Cooking (timesunion.com)
- 2009 Summer TV Preview: Hell’s Kitchen (cinemablend.com)
- Is Hell’s Kitchen doing some creative editing? (tvsquad.com)
- Making Dining Out “In” Again (acevola.blogspot.com)