Interview: Doug Savant, star, 'Desperate Housewives,' 'Melrose Place'
By BOB ANDELMAN
Doug Savant’s real wife, Laura Leighton, is floating lifeless in the pool over at Fox’s new “Melrose Place.”
Meanwhile, his TV wife, Felicity Huffman on ABC’s “Desperate Housewives,” is expecting twins—again—and his character, Doug Scavo, a man whose sperm definitely swim, is in the doghouse—again—for that and so many other reasons.
AUDIO EXCERPT: “There’s a picture in Entertainment Weekly, the fall television preview, where (my wife, Laura Leighton, star of ‘Melrose Place”) is kissing Thomas Calabro playfully on the cheek. And I gotta tell you, I don’t like it! Nope! I want her kissing me, not somebody else. I love her enough to be a little possessive!”
Is it any wonder the man is choosing to hide out here, on Mr. Media Radio, for the next 15 minutes, to talk about the importance of Listerine, good dental hygiene, fresh breath, and a book of laughs?
(To adopt the oral care of a child in need, visit www.americastoothfairy.org.)
• • •
Related articles by Zemanta
- Heather Locklear will join updated ‘Melrose Place’ (ctv.ca)
- TV Review: “Melrose Place” (popdose.com)
- Wedding Bells Are Ringing For the Desperate Housewives (popsugar.com)
- The CW Celebrates The 2009 Upfronts (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- Ashlee Parties With Melrose Girls Old and New (popsugar.com)
- Desperate Housewives: 2009 Fall TV Preview (cinemablend.com)