'No Room for Doubt': a daughter's search for truth about her dad, his wife's murder
Angela Dove, author, No Room for Doubt
How well do you know your own father?
If your stepmother died under suspicious circumstances and everyone around you harbored the belief that your father murdered her, could you stand by him no matter what?
I hope, for your sake, that it’s a situation in which you never find yourself. But it happened to Angela Dove on March 25, 1988, when she was a high school student in California. Her life was never the same.
AUDIO EXCERPT: “This was just a man who had a lot of difficulty in interpersonal relationships. He got in his own way. I think a lot of people do that, but it’s not until you’re under the lens of a homicide investigation that it starts to look suspicious.”
Dove hopes to have brought herself and her family some closure with the publication of her first book, No Room for Doubt: A True Story of the Reverberations of Murder. It is the story of Debi Whitlock’s brutal and mysterious death in her own home—while her three-year-old daughter slept nearby—and the impact the long unsolved crime had on Dove’s father. It is also the tale of Debi’s mother’s long struggle for justice.
Even if you read a good deal of true crime stories, you probably haven’t read one like this. Its point of view is unique and I heartily recommend it to you.
You can LISTEN to this interview by clicking HERE!
• • •
Order No Room for Doubt by Angela Dove
Related articles by Zemanta
- NJ Priest Slain in Church Rectory Is Mourned (abcnews.go.com)
- Arizona Man’s Own Actions Led to Murder Confession (abcnews.go.com)
- Who Murdered 75-Year-Old Joan Rosenthal? (abcnews.go.com)
- Number of Homicides Statewide Go Down (laist.com)
- 2 decades after teacher’s slaying, family’s resolve remains (cbc.ca)
- Man found wrapped in blankets is homicide victim (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Scarlett Death: Pair Escape Murder Charges (news.sky.com)
- Homicides Down In 2009 (chicagoist.com)
This entry was posted on October 24, 2009 by andelman. It was filed under authors, Biography, Journalism, Justice, Law enforcement, lawyers, true crime and was tagged with Angela Dove, Author, California, Crime, Death, Debi Whitlock, High school, Homicide, Murder, No Room for Doubt, Publications.