GMA consumer reporter Elisabeth Leamy wants us to Save Big!
The last two years have been horribly stressful on the wallets and pocketbooks of Americans, rich and poor. There have been days when most of us felt we were in a financial hole from which we’d never climb out.
To be sure, there are still plenty of challenges ahead and many of our friends, family and neighbors are unemployed, struggling to make ends meet.
There are two sure things we can do in situations like these: 1) Take any job that provides at least some income to pay the bills; and 2) Cut back on expenses.
This is where “Good Morning America” consumer reporter Elisabeth Leamy can help. In addition to her regular reports on the ABC morning show, Elisabeth just published a new book called Save Big! It’s packed with an array of clever ideas to save a lot of money in this time of need.
AUDIO EXCERPT: “Don’t take another 30-year mortgage. Use the savings you get from the lower interest rate and roll those savings into a shorter mortgage. Your payment, often, is not any higher, but you’re paying more aggressively and savings tens of thousands of dollars.”
You can LISTEN to this interview with ELISABETH LEAMY, consumer reporter of GOOD MORNING AMERICA, by clicking HERE!
• • •
Order Elisabeth Leamy’s new book, Save Big: Cut Your Top 5 Costs and Save Thousands
Also by Elisabeth Leamy: The Savvy Consumer: How to Avoid Scams and Ripoffs That Cost You Time and Money
MORE MR. MEDIA INTERVIEWS WITH NATIONAL JOURNALISTS
- Miles O’Brien (CNN American Mornings)
- Lane DeGregory (2009 Pulitzer Prize winner for Feature Writing, St. Petersburg Times)
- Chris Hansen (Dateline NBC, April 2009)
- Chris Hansen (Dateline NBC, March 2009)
- Paul Gillin (blogger, NewspaperDeathWatch.com)
- Rene Syler (co-host, CBS “Early Show”; author, “Good Enough Mother)
- Karen Dunlap (president, Poynter Institute)
- Clay Bennett (Pulitzer Prize winning editorial cartoonist)
- Laurel Touby (Mediabistro.com founder, socializer-in-chief)
- Marlise Kast (Tabloid Prodigy, Globe magazine)
- Jeff Kreisler (My Wall Street Journal; Indecision 2008)
- Bill Adair (Politifact.com; St. Petersburg Times)
- Alberto Ibargüen (Knight Foundation)
- Sree Sreenivasan (Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism; WNBC-TV)
- Eric Deggans (St. Petersburg Times The Feed blog)
- Eric Deggans and Aaron Barnhart (St. Petersburg Times/The Feed, Kansas City Star/TVBarn.com)
- Howard Finberg (NewsU)
- Dave Jones (The New York Times)
- Pete Hamill (New York Daily News, The Drinking Life)
- Chuck Shepherd (News of the Weird)
This entry was posted on January 24, 2010 by andelman. It was filed under authors, celebrity interviews, consumer, home improvement, Journalism, Television, TV stars and was tagged with ABC, ELISABETH LEAMY, GOOD MORNING AMERICA.